Thursday, February 19, 2009

Where has common sense gone? Out the window...

I understand why Barack Obama was elected President. The Republicans blew it.

I was astonished when Pres. Bush proposed going into Iraq. The thought that the U.S. would invade another country without provocation, or invitation, was rediculous.

Then, there was Congress smugly passing every pork they could to their own benefit. And, turning their backs on real issues such as illegal immigration, not securing our borders, allowing our investment institutions to write worthless financial paper, and ignoring the festering problems with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Another shock was Pres. Bush' apparent liberal agenda, such as passing sweeping legislation to ensure our senior citizens are covered by health insurance. While I understand the need, I wondered how we could afford it without raising taxes. Yet, there was no talk of raising taxes, or how the exhorbitant cost would be paid. Now, we know - trillions in debt totally ignored by Bush.

I am sick of politicians. They are destroying our country. And, they are actively continuing to destroy it. Why? Because our elected officials are in it for themselves. How many have become millionaires on the backs of us? How many have directed pork to their family and friends, bribed lobbyists for donations, and only thought of themselves? Too many.

Now, the few Republicans left are trying to act like the virginal, upstanding citizens we want them to be. Too late, guys. You had your chance. You have handed over the reigns to the left, which is bent on destroying so many of the freedoms we hold dear.

Barack Obama swaggers about, a large smile on his face, gleefully showing his lack of maturity, his inability to understand that he holds a valuable, historical, unique prize in the palm of his hand. No, he will not negotiate, he will not realize that he is destroying that prize until it is too late.

My heart seems always heavy. I am unable to change the fate of our great nation. I wonder, is New Zealand or another relatively familiar country accepting immigrants?

Am I willing to abandon my country? Yes. My forefathers did it when they came here.

Or, should I stay in a country that is now making me so miserable? I continue to ponder...

No comments: