Friday, November 7, 2008

Congratulations to President Elect Obama (Cough, Cough)

So, were you as suprised as me that Sen. Obama was elected President? I guess I was in some sort of denial. I truly believed that the controversy surrounding him would lead to his undoing, that the American people would see through the lies he told us, the denials, and would elect McCain by default.

Well, I was wrong. Flat out wrong. Stupidly wrong.

I try to make sense of it in my mind, but it doesn't make sense, and so I have to chalk his win up to emotion. And, why should I be surprised, really? Don't quite a few Americans vote with emotion and little knowledge? Yup!

So, we shall see what happens. Right now people are proclaiming him the middle of the roader. Hah.

Will his true spots show soon? I hope not. I hope the Dems in his administration will move him to the middle. If not, we're in for one heck of a ride.

Still, his brand, spanking new chief of staff, Rep. Rahm Emanuel, has not been without controversy. He once mailed a dead fish to a former co-worker! I can't wait to see what happens when Nancy Pelosi gets on his bad side!

And, according to Wikipedia, in 1996, after Clinton's run for office: "Emanuel was so angry at the president's enemies that he stood up at a celebratory dinner with colleagues from the campaign, grabbed a steak knife and began rattling off a list of betrayers, shouting 'Dead! ... Dead! ... Dead!' and plunging the knife into the table after every name." His "take-no-prisoners attitude" earned him the nickname "Rahm-bo."

Whew! And they said McCain had a temper! Well, people who worked with Emanuel "insist the once hard-charging staffer has mellowed out."

If anything, it won't be a dull four years!

No comments: